If you are a resident of Qatar, then Qatar ID is an important identity of yours. Which you must carry with you at all times. If you have any problem to check your Qatar id status. If yes? you are in a write blog. we solve your all problem about Qatar id status in this article. please read complete article
A Qatari identity card is one of the most important documents for a visitor. Qatari ID are used to obtain government services, driver’s licenses, bank accounts, and other essential services. A QID holder should always be aware of their QID status, regardless of whether it is valid or expired. You can check the status of your Qatar Identity Card by following this guide.
How Many Ways to Check Qatar ID Status Online?
Here are the some following methods to check your Qatar id status.
- Qatar ID Check By MOI Portal
- Qatar ID Check By QID Number
- Qatar ID Check By Passport Number
- Qatar ID Check By Metrash2 Mobile App
MOI Qatar ID Check By MOI Portal
Check your Qatar ID status by MOI portal can be done by following the step-by-step procedure below.
Step 1: Visit the Ministry of Interior Portal by clicking on the below button.
The image below shows the Ministry of Interior Portal page after clicking on the above button.
Step 2: Click on “Inquiries“
Step 3: Click on “Other Inquiries“
Step 4: Click on “Official Documents“
Step 5: Enter your 11-digit Qatar ID number in the box.
Step 6: After you have entered your 11-digit numbers. As shown in the image below, you need to fill out the captcha in the required fields.
Step 7: Click on “Search” button.
Step 8: That’s it! Qatar ID card expiry date, passport expiry date,, and residency expiry date will be displayed by the system.
Step 9: When you enter the wrong QID number, press the “reset” button and type again to check your Qatar ID card status.
Qatar ID Check By QID Number
- Visit the official website of MOI.
- After click on the provided link open new page, then enter your QID number.
- Enter the captcha code in the captcha box.
- Click on “search“
- Then, see your currant status
To check the status of your Qatar ID card, simply press the reset button if you typed in the incorrect QID number and received no results.
Qatar ID Check By Passport Number
Step 1: Visit the Ministry of Interior website.
Step 2: Enter your passport number. we guide an below the provided image.
Step 3: You can select your nationality from the drop-down menu
Step 4: Then click the “search” button.
Once you enter the correct details and press the search button, your Qatar ID card details will appear on the screen. Your ID Card Expiration Date, Passport Expiration Date, and Residency Expiration Date will be displayed in the system.
Qatar ID Check Online By Video Guide
Qatar ID Check on the Metrash2 App
Metrash2 includes a Wallet feature that can be accessed in the following way:
Step 1: Log in to Metrash2 with your QID number and PIN code
Step 2: Select “Wallet” from the main menu on the top
Step 3: Select the document you wish to display
Metrash2, the Ministry of Interior mobile app, now allows you to access digital copies of your personal identity documents.
Documents available in the E-Wallet include:
- Qatar ID Card
- Qatar Driving License
- Vehicle Permit (Istimara)
- Fancy Number Ownership
What is Qatar ID?
Qatar ID cards are issued by the Qatari government to its nationals, residents, and foreign workers. This document serves as a valid form of identification, confirming an individual’s identity and residency status. A valid ID card can be used for a variety of activities, including opening a bank account, getting a driver’s license, or obtaining government services.
The Qatar ID contains details such as the cardholder’s photograph, name, QID number, date of birth, nationality, signature, and sponsor. The details provide a means to verify the identity of a person, and they must be presented in several circumstances.
Qatar ID Number
An 11-digit number assigned to each individual in the government database is known as a QID number. Expatriates in Qatar are required to have this number in order to prove their identity and residency rights. This document has important information about the individual, such as their date of birth and country code.
The Qatar ID number is commonly referred to as the IQAMA in Arabic. You can understand your Qatar ID number by following these steps:
|The number would be allocated based on the date of birth. The number 2 would apply to people born between 1900 and 1999, but the number 3 would apply to people born after 2000
|2nd and 3rd Digits
|The last two digits of your birth year are these
|4th, 5th, and 6th Digits
|The ISO code of your country.
|Last 5 digits
|Number of Qataris born in the same year as you.
Who Can Use Qatar ID
Qatar ID cards are issued to citizens and expatriates working in Qatar by the State of Qatar. Expats’ family members who live in Qatar would receive a QID. This document serves as both a residence permit and a proof of identity in Qatar, allowing you to access various benefits and services. Qatar ID holders include the following categories of individuals:
|Foreign nationals who come to Qatar for employment purposes are issued Qatar IDs. This includes skilled and unskilled laborers, professionals, and employees in various industries.
|Family members of expatriate workers who are sponsored by the primary visa holder (usually the head of the household) will also receive Qatar IDs. This includes spouses, children, and other dependents.
|Investors and Business Owners
|Individuals who invest in or own businesses in Qatar are typically issued Qatar IDs.
|International students studying in Qatar are often issued Qatar IDs, which serve as their official identification during their time in the country.
|Some expatriates who retire in Qatar may also receive Qatar IDs.
|Qatar has introduced a permanent residency program, known as the Qatar Permanent Residency Permit or Qatar Gold Card, which grants long-term residence rights to eligible individuals. These individuals will also have Qatar IDs.
How to Apply For Qatar ID
Obtaining a Qatar ID (Qatari Resident ID) is typically part of the process when you live and work in Qatar as a foreign national. This ID is essential for various transactions and services in Qatar. Here are the general steps to apply for a Qatar ID:
To get a Qatar ID, you need to be sponsored by a Qatari citizen or a legal resident, typically your employer if you are in Qatar for work. If you are a family member of a Qatari resident, they can sponsor you.
You need to have a valid residence permit (also known as a Qatar Residence Permit or Qatar RP). This permit is obtained through the Ministry of Interior in Qatar, and it allows you to live and work in the country legally.
As part of the application process, you may need to undergo a medical check to ensure that you are not carrying any contagious diseases. Your sponsoring employer or sponsor should guide you through this process.
Biometric Data Collection
Visit the designated government office, such as the Ministry of Interior, where your biometric data (photograph, fingerprints, etc.) will be collected. Your sponsor should assist you with this process.
You will typically need to provide the following documents:
- Passport with a valid residence visa.
- Sponsor Qatar ID.
- A completed application form.
- Passport-sized photographs (usually with a white background).
- Proof of a clean medical record.
- Proof of residence, such as a rental agreement or an employer’s letter confirming your residence.
There are fees associated with obtaining a Qatar ID, and these fees may vary. Your sponsor or employer should be able to guide you on the current fees.
The processing time for a Qatar ID can vary, but it often takes a few weeks to several months. The Qatar ID is issued after thorough verification and background checks.
Collect Your Qatar ID
Once your Qatar ID is ready, you will be notified, and you can collect it from the relevant government office. It is essential to keep your Qatar ID with you at all times and present it when required.
Requirements to Apply For Qatar ID
To apply for a Qatar ID, you will need the following documents:
- A passport-sized photo for each child under 12 years of age and for each person over 65 years of age
- You can download the application form from the Ministry of Interior’s website, which must be filled out and attested
- Passport original and photocopy
- Test results for blood groups
- Copy of birth certificate
- Photocopy of parents’ Qatari ID cards
- Confirmation of parental or guardian consent
- First-time applicants’ physical appearance
- Medical examination and blood typing results
- A record of fingerprints
The following additional requirements are also included:
- X-rays are part of a medical examination
- Typing of blood
- For ex-pat workers, the employer must complete all necessary formalities and cover the cost of the ID card application
Qatar ID Cards, or QIDs, serve as national identity cards for Qatari nationals and residents. A Qatari ID proves your identity, citizenship, and residency rights. Your card also contains your 11-digit QID number, which links your record to government databases to verify your identity and legitimacy, along with your photo, name, QID number, nationality, signature, and expat sponsor details.
Other Cards in Qatar
Qatar does indeed offer health cards. Qatari health cards must be renewed when they expire, so check the status of your card when it’s due. You might need to schedule a routine checkup after renewal. However, the process is not taxing.
Whenever you visit a strange country, you should exercise caution. Make sure all your documentation is ready, and know what it means, what it is for, when it expires, and how to renew it
Extra Information About Qatar ID Check Online
The QID Number and Passport Number can both be used to check the Qatar ID check. Their entry does not have to be simultaneous. Qatar ID can be verified using any of the numbers.
Nationality does not have to be entered while using QID. By using this QID, you can conduct a direct search. To check Qatar ID using a passport number, the user must also provide their nationality.
MOI Qatar ID checks cannot proceed without both pieces of information. Therefore, you should always have one of the two numbers with you whenever you need to do an ID check online in Qatar. After entering the necessary information, click “Search.” Qatar ID’s full details will appear once you click.
Fees For Smart QID
Applicants for smart IDs can select the services and their duration through this service provided by the Ministry of Interior (MOI).
- Smart cards cost QR100, the same as traditional ID cards.
- QR100 covers one year of e-gate services.
- For two years, E-gate services are QR150.
- The cost of a three-year subscription to the e-gate service is QR200.
Note: Depending on the length and type of electronic service, there may be additional fees.
Benefits of Smart QID Cards
You can benefit from QID in several ways if you live or work in Qatar. Smart QID cards are very beneficial to both Qatari citizens and foreigners. These are some of the benefits of using the Smart QID card in Qatar.
- Easy access to government services: Smart QID cards are easy to use in Qatar and provide access to a variety of government services. Smart ID Cards eliminate the need to show physical documents to access government services. Your smart QID is all you need to show.
- Reduce fraudulent activity: Smart QID cards reduce fraud by identifying fraudulent activity. The Smart ID Card contains basic and biometric information about the cardholder, which is protected by advanced technology.
- Eliminates Paperwork: The system can be used to conduct government transactions. Obtaining government services, it reduces waiting times and eliminates paperwork.
- Helps in obtaining a driving license: The Smart QID can be used to obtain and reissue a Qatari driving license.
- Helps in updating legal documents: You can easily update documents with Smart QID if you are updating documents.
Qatar ID Advantages
The original statement highlights the advantages of the Smart ID Card available to native citizens of Qatar. To provide a more detailed explanation of these advantages, let’s break down the key points:
- Online Renewal of Permits and Documents: The Smart ID Card allows Qatar’s citizens to renew important permits and documents such as their driving license and residency permits online. This eliminates the need for in-person visits to government offices, saving time and reducing the hassle associated with administrative tasks.
- Convenience: The online renewal feature of the Smart ID Card is particularly convenient for cardholders as it simplifies the process. Instead of having to physically visit government offices, individuals can conveniently renew their permits and documents from the comfort of their homes or workplaces, making the overall process much more accessible.
- Government Transactions: In addition to permit and document renewal, the Smart ID Card also enables its holder to perform a variety of other government transactions online. This broadens the scope of tasks that can be accomplished without the need for in-person visits to government offices, enhancing overall efficiency.
Qatar ID Disadvantages
Qatar ID, also known as the Qatar Resident Identity Card, has several advantages, such as facilitating access to various government services and serving as a form of identification in the country. However, like any identification system, it also has certain disadvantages:
- Privacy Concerns: The Qatar ID contains a significant amount of personal information, which some individuals may consider invasive. This information can be accessed by government agencies and may raise privacy concerns.
- Non-Citizenship: The Qatar ID is issued to non-Qatari residents, including expatriate workers and their families. While this is essential for administrative purposes, it underscores the distinction between citizens and non-citizens and can sometimes lead to unequal treatment.
- Dependence on Employers: Many non-Qatari residents, particularly migrant workers, are sponsored by their employers in Qatar. This sponsorship system is closely tied to the Qatar ID, which can leave individuals vulnerable to exploitation or mistreatment by their employers.
- Documentation Burden: To obtain a Qatar ID, individuals must submit various documents and go through a bureaucratic process. This can be time-consuming and, for some, complicated.
- Renewal Requirements: The Qatar ID has to be renewed periodically, typically every one to five years, depending on the individual’s residency status. The renewal process can be bureaucratic and time-consuming.
- Restrictions on Certain Services: Some government services and benefits are restricted to Qatari citizens and are not accessible to non-citizens holding Qatar IDs. This can limit the rights and privileges of non-Qatari residents in the country.
- Limited Mobility: Qatar ID is essential for accessing various services and for legal residency in Qatar. Losing or not having a valid Qatar ID can limit an individual’s mobility and their ability to engage in various activities.
- Potential for Discrimination: The distinction between Qatari citizens and non-citizens can sometimes lead to discrimination or unequal treatment in various aspects of life, including employment, housing, and social opportunities.
- Limited Portability: Qatar IDs are generally not transferable from one country to another. If you leave Qatar or change your residency status, you may need to go through a different identification process in your new location.
FAQs About Qatar ID Status
Q1) How can I check my Qatar ID online?
Ans:- Qatar ID check by QID number
- Visit the MOI Qatar ID Check Portal.
- Please enter your QID number.
- Fill out the captcha.
- the “search” button.
Q2) How much is Qatar ID?
Ans:- Qatar ID costs:
A smart card costs QAR 100, the same as a conventional ID card. The cost of e-gate services for a year is QAR 100. E-gate services cost QAR 150 for two years. E-gate services cost QAR 200 for three years.
Q3) How can I activate my Qatar ID?
Ans:- You can apply in person
A smart card must be obtained in person after being issued. Once you have applied for a smart card at the MOI offices. The smart card must be activated at the smart card activation desk in the same department.
The Qatari identity card (QID) is an essential document for residents and visitors in Qatar. It serves as a means of identification and is required for accessing various services, including government services, driver’s licenses, and bank accounts. This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to check the status of a Qatar ID online through the Ministry of Interior’s portal.
Additionally, it highlights the significance of the Qatar ID, its structure, and the benefits of smart QID cards. Finally, it outlines the requirements for applying for a Qatar ID and answers frequently asked questions about the process.